Mississippi State University (MSU) invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Executive Director Campus Services. The Executive Director reports to the Associate Vice President for Administration and directs the planning and administration of the care and upkeep of all physical facilities of the University. The Executive Director oversees the maintenance, operations, and housekeeping of all facilities, grounds and the utilities system. The position coordinates planning and construction of all new capital improvement projects on campus. The Executive Director advises administration on all institutional policies and procedures related to the management of the physical resources of the University. This position has full supervisory authority.
1. Provides general management, supervision, and professional direction to a comprehensive campus operations organization that provides facilities planning; space administration; architectural, and engineering; construction management; facilities maintenance and repair; renovations; utilities generation and distribution; emergency response; environmental health and safety; custodial services, campus landscape, and other maintenance services to the University campus.
2. Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
3. Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
4. Recommends and participates in the development of university policies and procedures; serves on university planning and policy-making committees.
5. Represents the University to various institutional divisions as well as externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, and/or the general public/local community.
6. Advises the University administration on the funding needs to adequately maintain the physical facilities of the institution and assists the administration in the allocation of fiscal resources for various capital improvement and maintenance projects on the campuses.
7. Represents the Associate Vice President of for Administration as assigned.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Requires a baccalaureate degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related field. At least seven (7) years of experience with a strong record of success in an applicable field.
Internal Number: 499530
About Mississippi State University
Representing the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions, Mississippi State University is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity university. Also a National Science Foundation "Top 100" research university, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we're driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State, we're seeking qualified, career-minded individuals like you to continue our momentum of excellence in research, teaching and service.