The Analyst performs bacteriological analysis on samples including but not limited to aerobiological, environmental and drinking water. The Analyst prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific methodology in compliance with company Quality Assurance programs and SOP’s, and must be knowledgeable of both job-specific routine and complex analyses. The analyst validates and reviews data for accuracy, and uploads laboratory data into the LIMS that ultimately generates required reports to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times, and must be knowledgeable of the job-specific laboratory testing equipment, requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
1. Prepare and analyze aerobiological, environmental, and water samples for fungi and bacteria including coliforms, E. coli, Legionella, etc.
2. Analyze air, water and surface samples for identification of bacterial organisms.
3. Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
4. Performs independent data reviews for other analysts’ work
5. Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
6. Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
7. Assists the QA manager in development, implementation and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
8. Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
9. Performs and completes all analytical testing QA related tasks as needed
10. Assists in pursuing, receiving and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
11. Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
12. Co-ordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
13. Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
14. Participates in Lean initiatives and projects when called upon
15. Follows company policies and procedures and ensures that coworkers are doing the same
1. Manages and maintains the inventory of re-sale supply items and laboratory consumables and takes necessary steps to re-order supplies as needed
2. Manages and disposes analyzed samples as needed
3. Trains new analysts as needed
4. Recommends and coordinates sample transfer as necessary
5. Establishes and maintains laboratory stock culture and reference samples
6. Performs root cause analysis and determines and implements corrective actions for errors and issues as necessary
7. Maintains all equipment properly and co-ordinates servicing of all equipment used in the laboratory, as needed
8. Routinely communicates available capacity to Regional Manager
9. Supports other departments within the lab (mycology, asbestos, bacteriology, and other) when appropriate and as needed
10. Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Manager
1-2 years of work laboratory experience involving bacterial analysis PREFERRED
Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biology or a closely related science. REQUIRED
8 units of Microbiology courses PREFERRED
At least 3 years non-academic lab experience, 2 years of which MUST be with analysis of fungi or bacteria. PREFERRED
EMLab P&K, a TestAmerica company, is the leading commercial IAQ laboratory in North America and specializes in analyzing samples to identify mold, bacteria (including Legionella, E. coli, Endotoxins, etc.), asbestos, and radon. EMLab P&K partners with environmental professionals who make important decisions about the indoor environment that affect the health of our communities. We use science and innovation to provide accurate data that people trust and to create solutions that save time and resources.
Internal Number: 4306205-005666
About EMLab P&K
EMLab P&K, a TestAmerica company, is a leading commercial indoor air quality (IAQ) laboratory in North America that offers:
*Nationwide network of service and drop-off locations across the United States
*Turnaround times to meet your needs
*Extensive list of accreditations and certifications
*Full range of analytical lab services
*Online store to purchase sampling supplies and equipment
You’ll receive legally defensible data on time with the support of superior client service so you can do your best work. You can be confident in our decades of experience combined with our accreditations and state certifications.
EMLab P&K shares knowledge and expertise with the IAQ community. Our goal is to educate professionals and raise the standard of excellence throughout the industry. Our IAQ experts teach a growing list of educational webinars covering topics including: Mold, Legionella, Bacteria, USP 797, Infection Control, and more. EMLab P&K employees contribute numerous publications and abstracts to the IAQ community including: Mycotaxon, Mycological Progress, Biological Sciences, and more.
Industry Innovation and Leadership
EMLab P&K has help...ed pioneer today’s IAQ industry with a growing list of innovations and meaningful contributions including:
*Mobile apps for iOS® and Android™ devices
*IAQ Pocket Reference Guide
*BioCassette™ air sampling device
*MoldRANGE™ report (typical outdoor spore levels by region and time of year)
*MoldRANGE™ Local Climate report (zip code-based insights for outdoor spore levels)
*MoldSCORE™ report (numerical score to help interpret indoor/outdoor fungal data)
*MoldSTAT™ report (multiple statistical tests to help determine if source of fungal spores is from locations sampled)
BACK TO TOP
CareerAdvantage is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AIHA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at CareerAdvantage.