Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Facility Environmental Leader:
The Facility Environmental Leader will perform professional work at multiple levels in support of the Plant and Corporate Environmental Programs at the Camden, TX Plywood and Lumber facilities. The individual will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the facility’s environmental compliance programs and systems. This position will assist in ensuring facility compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, such as state and federal air regulations, storm water, wastewater, hazardous waste and to relative company policies and procedures such as Georgia Pacific's Environmental Compliance Standards.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Technical Expert and Compliance Standard Owner
* Direct and assist in administration of federal (EPA) and state (Texas) environmental program requirements, including but not limited to air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste, CERCL/EPCRA and FCC.
* Assist Plant Manager in the development and the implementation of the corporate environmental management system (7-Element RMS), as well as integration of the environmental system into the plant’s overall OpEx Plan
* Analyze incident and compliance trend[DEL: s :DEL] data and work with operating departments
* Participate in incident investigation, mitigation, root cause analysis and corrective action
* Coordinate activities and prepare/submit reporting to outside agencies
* Assess and mitigate employee exposure to hazards in the workplace
* Stay current with new ideas, engineering and techniques in the environmental field
* Represent facility during agency inspections
* Identify cost effective solutions for technical and regulatory environmental issues
* Work closely with the respective Regional Environmental Manager and/or Business Environmental Manager for guidance and direction on all environmental matters
* Knowledge share with Environmental Engineers from other GP Building Product facilities
* Actively practice MBM and foster the use of MBM guiding principles at site
* Possess the ability to interface with all operators in a work team environment
* Willingness to work in an industrial environment of varying ambient temperatures
* Range of motion sufficient to permit climbing stairs and ladders, walking, standing, stooping and crouching for extended periods of time
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Engineering or Science
* Minimum of 3 years of environmental experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Working knowledge of environmental regulations/requirements with emphasis on air, storm water, wastewater, SPCC, SARA, and hazardous/nonhazardous waste, including state specific requirements
* Knowledge of Microsoft programs.
* Environmental compliance and management systems experience
* Technical understanding of emissions calculations, emissions factors and how they are applied to calculate emissions
* Ability to prepare and implement key management systems/controls, such as Permits, Plans, License & Registration; Written Representation Tables; Statement of Basis; Declaration of Negative Applicability; and Compliance Calendars
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.