Sims Metal Management is seeking a Senior Manager, Industrial Hygiene and Safety. This position will provide leadership, strategy and guidance in developing, improving, managing and implementing various company-wide, occupational health, industrial hygiene and safety programs, projects, and procedures. This individual should possess strong technical, strategic, organizational and communications skills and be able to ensure that the occupational health, industrial hygiene and safety functions are extremely high performing with best-in-class programs. This position will report to the Group Vice President Safety, Health, Environment, Community and Sustainability.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and lead the industrial hygiene and safety strategic initiatives.
· Ensure consistency of occupational safety and health strategies and programs across the organization
· Analyzes data to develop conclusions, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
· Coordinates Workers compensation loss prevention service activities at Company locations.
· Provides consultation to operating locations on occupational safety and health issues
· Develops company policies and safety standards related to occupational health and safety.
· Assists in developing company goals and metrics.
· Leads and participates on safety compliance audits.
· Identifies and mitigates safety risks.
· Communicates salient safety issues to management and SHECS Leadership Team.
· Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of existing safety, industrial hygiene, and occupational programs.
This position will report to the corporate/group office in New York City and will require extensive travel throughout North America. This position will eventually expand to a global role. The preferred base for this position would be Houston, TX although Redwood City CA, Chicago, IL or New York City are options.