Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Environmental Engineer – Air
This position reports directly to the Environmental Program Manager at Green Bay Operations.
The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for environmental compliance programs within air at Green Bay Operations. Green Bay Operations includes two pulp and paper mills, one converting facility and one paper sorting facility. Candidate must be able to provide oversight and general assistance to operations, ensure that environmental activities are in accordance with regulatory and/or plant environmental requirements, must be able to manage recordkeeping and reporting requirements for regulatory focus areas to ensure compliance with mandated deadlines, and will also work on process improvements in existing environmental management systems.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Providing support to the senior Environmental Air Engineer in developing, executing and maintaining Green Bay Operations compliance with permits and air regulatory requirements
* Responsible for air compliance with requirements such as Title V, GHG (Greenhouse Gas), BMACT (Industrial Boiler MACT (Maximum Achievable Control Technology)), POWC MACT (Paper and Other Web Coating MACT), and NSPS (New Source Performance Standards)
* Track key compliance metrics and implement systems to improve performance
* Creation and maintenance of environmental management systems to comply with air permits and air regulations
* Serve as a point of contact and provide technical support for air compliance questions for facility staff
* Support initiatives programs related to air compliance/compliance demonstrations
* Identify training required for air permitting compliance and work to help implement training to operations, engineering and other facility staff
* Release reporting and recordkeeping as required by company policy, environmental regulations, and environmental air permits
* Responsible for continuous emission monitor (CEM)/continuous opacity monitor (COM) quality assurance/quality control, maintaining the data acquisition system (DAS) and providing support to maintain CEM/COM reliability
* Coordinating and executing annual stack testing events and thorough review of stack test report submissions
* Providing support for air permit application renewals, review of draft permits and assist in rolling out new permits to operations
* Provide support for new substance review by assisting as needed on reviewing new chemicals against air regulations
* Periodically rotate “on call” with responsibility of providing environmental support to operations and review of daily compliance numbers
* Interpersonal skills working with operations and management
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple activities at the same time
What You Will Need:
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Environmental, Engineering or Science degree
* Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience in environmental compliance
What Will Put You Ahead?
* 1+ years of environmental compliance and management systems experience with a focused emphasis on Air
* Knowledge of SharePoint and proficient in Microsoft Programs (e.g. excel)
* Knowledge of Federal and Wisconsin Air Regulations
* Technical skills in understanding emissions calculations, emissions factors and how they are applied to calculate emissions
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube