Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Safety & Health Manager (Plywood)
Provide safety leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) Framework and Guiding Principles. Create real value for the organization by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. Develop and align facility H&S strategies consistent with company/division H&S vision and strategies. Drive safety excellence and performance improvement through real culture change and effective, sustainable management systems. Ensure leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety. Reports directly to the operations manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Division H&S Manager.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Lead facility toward Health and Safety Excellence using MBM and RMS.
* Provides leadership and direction to achieve H&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership.
* Facilitates H&S ownership by all and through execution and integration of the H&S Management System.
* Leads the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards.
* Assist facility leadership with the development of short and long-term H&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks.
* Ensures the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors.
* Ensure there is a system in place for a facility to sustain and improve performance.
* Utilize development plans to grow H&S skills and knowledge.
* Effectively communicate Facility Health & Safety vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
* Employee understanding, acceptance, and use of challenge process and decision rights.
* Drive safety excellence by creating an MBM® culture and developing/implementing risk and compliance management systems.
* Lead the development and use of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards. Drive and assist with the mitigation of identified gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities.
* Actively manage all aspects of compliance (e.g., OSHA, company standards). Ensure ownership resides with the appropriate roles within the organization.
* Ensure facility risk profile is addressed through development/implementation of key controls.
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree
* 3 years minimum H&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment.
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, engineering
* CSP or CIH, or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification.
* Experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems.
Experience in heavy manufacturing
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube