Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking to hire a Safety & Health Coordinator in their lumber facility in Prosperity, SC. This is a salaried non-exempt technical position with some administrative duties that has an opportunity to advance as openings occur. This position creates value by supporting the department Safety & Health Manager with all aspects of the Safety & Health for the facility. Specifically, this position would assist with providing leadership and direction to help achieve the Safety and Health vision through management commitment and employee ownership. The employee that aligns with our company values will find fulfillment in being a role model and coach for other employees in regards to compliance and achievement of mill and corporate safety objectives. As a company that strives for 10,000% compliance, GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace.
This facility manufactures dimensional lumber of superior-quality to meet the demanding needs of builders. Our lumber products consist of Southern Yellow Pine and Western Softwood Lumber. Georgia-Pacific’s building product business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Provides support to the Safety & Health Manager and site leadership team to achieve the S & H vision through management commitment and employee ownership and engagement
* Assists (Establishes and sustains) S & H ownership by the line organization by providing support and understanding of the Compliance & Ethics Risk Management System
* Conducts daily mill inspections independently and in conjunction with supervision and the safety committee/team
* Participates on and provides technical guidance to the mill safety committee/team
* Participates in the case management process for all incidents and injuries for the facility.
* Serves as a point of contact for all team members to understand and support S & H daily activities
* Participates in the development and implementation of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards
* Provides support in the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs
* Conducts training on S & H to all employees or others as needed
* Utilizes development plans to grow S & H skills and knowledge
* Assists with the development of short and long term S & H goals and strategies
* Evaluates and implements existing or new training programs to develop employees’ skills and knowledge around S & H
* Conducts risk assessments to proactively identify and evaluate safety hazards
* Assists with incident and “near miss” investigations to aggressively pinpoint and mitigate risks
* Effectively communicates regulatory and technical knowledge to operations staff to manage day-to-day compliance activities
* Strong planning and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to learn new processes and procedures
* Knowledge of industry and regulatory information
* Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) in group presentations/training, individual interactions, and written documentation
What You Will Need:
* Associate’s degree in Science, Engineering, Safety/Health or other related discipline and 2 years of hands on health and safety experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment. This experience should include identifying & mitigating hazards, incident investigation, training and development of the workforce, etc Or, education may be substituted with 5 years of experience
* Knowledge of OSHA compliance and recordkeeping
* Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to include but not limited to creating charts, formatting cells/formulas, creating presentations, training, and reports
* Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety/Health or Science and Engineering
* Current Georgia Pacific Environmental/Safety Associate in the ELP Program
* CPR/AED, ASP, OHST professional certification
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube