At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to join our Wyandotte, MI team and manage our Ohio and Michigan sites while partnering with the Canada Hub, our manufacturing and technical communities.
EHS Specialist III (1700580) Wyandotte, MI
You will support and implement environment, health and safety programs assuring compliance with corporate and federal, state and local regulatory requirements for the plants within the Wyandotte site. Occasional support of other locations within the hub may also be required. You will report to the EHS Team Leader.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide technical and regulatory expertise to ensure occupational health, safety and environmental compliance at the assigned location.
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools and successfully demonstrated practices within the PM Business Group, the Ohio-Michigan-Canada Hub, and the entire EHS Community.
- Provide strategic leadership and work with management on identified EHS issues/recommendations/opportunities to foster continuous improvement of EHS culture and performance.
- Ensure all EHS program elements are developed under the principles of Operations Line Management Accountability for EHS.
- Assist sites with implementation of corporate standardized EHS policies and procedures, including but not limited to Safe Work Permits, Job Safety Analysis, Management of Change, Incident/Accident investigation, ergonomics, HAZCOM.
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of environmental, industrial hygiene and safety expertise needed.
- Support emergency response activities through the development of required drills and coordination of annual training.
- Participate on the Wyandotte Leadership team.
- Contribute and support the Exposure Reduction Process (ERP) within your assigned area of responsibility.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.