Experience and Education
1. Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene or Safety and Environmental Science or equivalent related experience or education.
2. Five years of professional level experience in a risk management discipline, e.g., risk management, occupational/industrial safety and environmental compliance, loss control, risk and insurance, business continuity planning, disaster response management, fire/life safety, sustainability, workers¿ compensation, etc.
3. Experience managing a complex budget, including budget development and management of expenditures.
4. Experience providing leadership, direction, and motivation to both managers and professional staff, including supervision, evaluation, and recruitment.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices related to running a successful University program in the areas of environmental health, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, radiation safety, workers compensation, and risk management.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of business continuity, including business continuity plan development and maintenance.
7. Ability to communicate complex information, both orally and in written form, with a variety of internal and external constituents, including University administrators, faculty, and staff.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
10. Ability to execute multiple large projects and evaluate and recommend solutions to complex business/systems recovery problems.
11. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
12. Possession and maintenance of a valid California state driver's license and a safe driving record.
13. Ability to climb ladders, negotiate rough surfaces and roof tops, climb stairs, work outside for extended periods of time in extreme weather, move, transport, lift up to 40 pounds and carry equipment up to 20 pounds.
14. Ability to complete successful background check